In a previous blog post by them they told us that ‘liftable trailer axles’ were on the way and you can test them out in this beta. They have also added a little “cabin toy” called a weigh station pass device.
This update also improves simulation of a vehicle’s engine internals. There is more attention now on varying performance of different configurations, they have enhanced adaptive transmission modes, and also added the differential lock, which may be handy on uneven surfaces. Additional improvements to vehicle behavior include air brake simulation tweaks, also engine brake input in certain situations has been changed. They have also increased the range of available FOVs for multi-monitor setups.
The box is mounted on the windshield of the truck. In the game, it works the same way as the weigh station functionality that’s a part of the on-screen Advisor “widget.” For players who prefer to switch off all user interface elements to get a more immersive experience, they will now have the visual cue to know whether they need to either complete the weight check or whether they can bypass it.
- Weigh station pass device
- Trailer liftable axles
- Differential lock
- Adaptive transmission modes (power, normal, eco)
- Improved engine simulation model (friction, braking, consumption)
- Air pressure simulation improved (pressure buildup, cut-off sound, application pressure), working air pressure values fixed
- Transmission input shaft simulation (double clutch)
- Coin sound tweaked
- Field Of View (FOV) range increased to 40-120 degrees in adjuster
- If engine brake toggle input is not assigned, increase/decrease engine brake input work similar to retarder (in range from 0 to maximum)
- Tuned wheel noise to be more noticeable with loud engines
- Multiple fueling points on gas stations
- g_force_economy_reset flag is disabled after economy reset
- Single “overrides” (forced default) rule can be used instead of defaults-suitable rule pair across linked accessories
- All pressure unit set consistently to bars (data, animation, dashboard UI)
- Nominal air_tank_pressure value added to chassis data
- Changed interior animations: all air, oil and brake pressure (gauges, indicators)
- New interior animation: trailer axle lift (indicator), differential lock (button, indicator)
- New engine data: resistance_torque (measured at 2000 rpm)
- Coin sound made moddable in the same way as other sounds (through .ogg file)
- Steam client
- Right click on American Truck Simulator
- Betas tab
- 1.6 public beta
No password required.