It’s The Last Week of 2-year Early Access As Ballistic Overkill Launches on March 28th
Horizon Chase developer Aquiris Game Studio has been 2 years untiringly developing its PvP class-based shooter Ballistic Overkill, which has sold over 50’000 copies to date, spread mainly across the US, Brazil, China and Germany. The game also achieved 84% positive review rate on Steam, attracting both hardcore and casual FPS gamers, many of them praising the game and comparing with classic and modern titles of the genre, as Quake III Arena, the original Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty MW2 or Battlefield 3. The studio is pleased to announce the project is ready to leave Early Access, and also wants to thank the devoted community for supporting the project during all these months with enormously valuable feedback which shaped the final product after 7 years of history. For Aquiris the project is not close at all, only the release version, as it will continue to improve after launch with extra content and features.
Never heard of Ballistic Overkill?
Jump into a fast paced online PvP shooter, easy to pick up and play. With 7 unique classes equally capable of dominating a match. There is no wimpy support class: in Ballistic Overkill everyone is a killer!
Skills and weapons are progressively unlocked as you gain experience from battles, opening new ways to play and different tactics. You can configure multiple loadouts, creating different builds for each soldier, offering an increasing variety of gameplay styles.
Ballistic Overkill is optimized to run on many low-end PCs so you don’t need a super rig to play (you can even play with an Intel HD 4400 without trouble, see this gameplay video). The game is priced fairly to the amount of content available now and in future updates. At the moment it offers the following content and features:
- OVER 80 WEAPONS. From pistols, grenade launchers, SMGs, sniper rifles, katanas, etc.
- 7 CLASSES. Each with its particular skills, strengths and weaknesses.
- 10 MAPS. A museum, a corporate park, a mall and even an abandoned hospital and factory, Ballistic Overkill covers a wide variety of locations in its 10 maps. They come in all sizes, but all of them have their own atmosphere, personality and a design that makes them unique to play on.
- 4 GAME MODES. All maps have multiple game modes available: Team Deathmatch, Free for All, Capture Point, King of the Hill.
- STEAM MARKET INTEGRATION. With over 80 weapons ingame, there’s always a new way to kill your enemies in Ballistic Overkill. But even better, all weapons have droppable skins that you can trade and/or sell through the Steam Market system. Every couple of months, the drop Season changes, allowing players to drop different skins and seek different accessories.
- CUSTOM PRIVATE SERVER CREATION. Players can create their own servers, choose a map and game mode and invite their friends to play.