Coconut Games Announced The Development of The Day After
The Day After is an open-world action and story-driven game, where the player’s decisions influence the storylines. It takes place in a small North American mining town, kept under full quarantine due to an unknown bacteria who affects the citizens, transforming them into dangerous and contagious beings.
The Day After story is about nostalgia, determination, friendship, regrets, love and danger. It relates to survivors confronting their own past, struggling between their new life and the unsolved businesses of their old one. Even when the world collapses, some secrets just can’t be put to rest.
The Day After will be available on Steam Early Access in summer 2017.
- Karma: The story is between your hands. Emphasizing the realistic aspect of the game, Noah’s karma is not only influenced by his actions, but also shaped by his interactions with others and relationship s he builds with them. So be careful, because your decisions always involve consequences.
- Online: Invite a friend into your adventure with the online coop mode and team up to overcome the obstacles of your storyline. Compare your decisions as well as your performances with the community of players and meet the weekly challenges to add your name on the online record.
- Strategies: Noah Byers is a young man of instinct who knows how to tilt his environment in his favor. Through the fights, the player is encouraged to use some of the elements around him to thwart his opponents and to slow them down. In addition to guns and long-range weapons, Noah can coat his bullets with substances of various effects, use close-combat weapons and create diversions. Countless strategies are available.
- Enemies: The Day After offers a brand new challenge to the players with its out-of-the-box enemies, especially with their appearance, but mostly with their very own behavior and abilities. The outbursters, humans infected by a foreign bacteria, has several stages of infection, each of them with their distinct particularities. Moreover, the bacteria which affects them is able to mutate, it learns therefore to counter the effects of too repetitive attacks, encouraging the player to diversify himself.
- Open World: Enter a universe where realism is the lord and master. Created with Unreal Engine 4, the territory on which expends Grayfox Hill offers multiple places to explore and loot both day and night, but beware of the dangerous outbursters who might be close. From abandoned buildings to the edge of the forest, the exploration of this world extends over a vast area, not only on the surface, but also in the underground. Grayfox Hill’s mines are dark and worrying places offering worthwhile tunnels to explore. Moreover, the eye adaptation technology is used when Noah walks in darker locations, increasing your immersion in this new universe.