Major Ark: Survival Evolved Content Update For Xbox One & Playstation 4 Bursts With New Creatures, More Tek Tier Content & Additional Hairstyles
Xbox One and PlayStation 4 survivors have received a dino-tastic pot ‘o gold as Studio Wildcard is releasing a major content update (v255). This fresh new content pack, available for download immediately for PlayStation 4 players and very, very soon to Xbox One survivors (and for FREE), adds a plethora of TEK Tier technology, including a complete set of TEK building structures, an impenetrable “TEK Forcefield”, and customizable “TEK Autodoors” to complete Survivor’s futuristic new bases. This content update also includes four new creatures along with a new hairstyle and beard option for more stylish Survivor cosmetic customizations.
- Electrophorus Beluadomito – A species of Knifefish, Electrophorus uses an electrical charge to zap its prey, bringing down smaller fish and eels. Tribes have been known to capture and tame schools of Electrophorus in order to use them for taking down larger aquatic animals.
- Microraptor Gnarilongus – Resembling a bird with a reptilian face, Microraptor is a vicious predator that is instantly aggressive to anything its size or smaller (including humans). Able to jump, run and do short glides, Microraptor is incredibly dangerous alone or in packs, and when trained, they can even take riders right out of their saddles during combat.
- Ammonitina Multiamicus – One of the more unique creatures of the sea, the Ammonite resembles a nautilus, but much bigger. For unknown reasons, an attack on an Ammonite brings forth the wrath of all neighboring sea creatures, who will fervently defend it. This makes it a challenge to kill one, though the rewards are often worth it – the shell itself is valuable (as it is rare) and the bile can be used to concoct a unique new pheromone dart.
- Thylacoleo Furtimorsus – Also known as the “marsupial lion”, Thylacoleo is a powerful predator native to the island’s redwood forests. A strong bite – the strongest of any land mammal – and bolt cutter-like teeth, make this creature a formidable ambush predator, leaping from above to crush the necks of its prey.
Additional v255 Content:
– 30+ new Explorer Notes
– Improved Server performance
– Added option for per-Tribe Dino Tame limit, enabling on Official PvE servers with a max of 500 Dinos Per Tribe (with on-screen indicator of Tribe Dino count)
ARK: Survival Evolved is in development for Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program, Steam Early Access and PlayStation 4. The game is currently playable in on all three platforms, which includes Oculus Rift VR support and an integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods. Players can host private/LAN servers and have access to a custom-built version of the Unreal Engine 4 Editor for creating mods. The world of ARK is designed to be modder-friendly and ever-expanding!